Skip to main content

ATHLETIC FACILITIES

THS STADIUM INFORMATION

Football Stadium Parking

  • Spectators’ parking is located in front of the stadium on St. Charles Street.
  • The school’s circle area is reserved for school buses, staff, coaches, security and game officials.
  • Stadium gates are to be kept cleared at all times.
  • Drive safely and follow speed limit laws.

Football Stadium Expectations

  • Only school personnel and approved volunteers will be allowed on the field and track area.
  • Tobacco products are not allowed on school grounds which include stadium and gym areas at all times.
  • Alcoholic beverages are not allowed on school grounds which include stadium and gym areas at all times.  
  • Follow safety guidelines at all times.
  • Monitor small children.
  • Stay off the stadium rails.
  • Do not block stairways, entrances, and exits.
  • Pets are not allowed on school grounds.
  • Be courteous and help maintain a good environment.
  • Please, dispose of trash on garbage containers.

School Facility Use
Terrebonne High School athletic facilities including stadium, gymnasium, baseball field, and all practice grounds are for exclusive use of the Terrebonne High School athletic programs and Terrebonne Parish public schools. Groups may use facilities on the Terrebonne High School campus after school hours (including weekends) BY PERMIT ONLY. Organizations must be for non-profit and have proper insurance.To check for availability of school facilities, you may contact, Scotty Dryden, scottydryden@tpsd.org.

Permit Requests:
Mr. Scotty Dryden

7318 Main Street

Houma, LA. 70360


Terrebonne High School Contacts:
Stadium Manager:

Brad Antoine, bradantoine@tpsd.org

Athletic Director:

Joe Clement, josephclement@tpsd.org

 Principal in charge of athletics:
Scotty Dryden, scottydryden@tpsd.org

TOM B. SMITH STADIUM FACTS


In 1945, Coach Tom Smith started an intramural sports program. Coach Smith had begun his tenure at the school in 1933. The stadium built in the mid-1950s is named in his honor.

In 1953, the Quarterback Club and the school board helped to start work on a stadium. It was designed by the same architects that had designed the school. It was completed during the 1954-55 school year. The concrete bleachers contained about 6,000 fiberglass seats. Beneath the bleachers on the east (visitors) side were classrooms for vocal music and band. The rooms beneath the west (home) side were designed for athletics and boys P.E.